Chef de Cuisine Chris Randall at the Pullman in Glenwood Springs, created an amazing Squeal Rum Baked Alaska.
Topping it with Palisade Peach Ice Cream, it makes Colorado the feature of this great dish!
Check out the recipe from this master:
4 cups granulated sugar4 cups cake flour2 Cup Rocky Mountain Cola3 cups marshmallow fluff1 cup butter 1 cup olive oil6 tablespoons dutch cocoa powder2 teaspoons baking soda1 cup buttermilk4 large eggs1 tablespoon vanilla paste
How to toss it together:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a bowl, sift the dry ingredients.
- In a saucepan, mix the butter, oil, and cola. Bring to a boil and pour over dry ingredients; mix well.
- Mix buttermilk, eggs and vanilla extract and marshmallow fluff.
- Temper in hot cola mixture into buttermilk egg mixture stir all into the dry ingredients and whisk til smooth and well blended
- Pour into a well-greased sphere molds or large cupcake molds and and bake 30 to 40 minutes.
Palisade Peach Ice Cream
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 4 cups half & half
- 5 cups ripe, peeled pitted roasted palisade peaches
Mix all ingredients together except for 2 cups diced roasted peach and spin in 5 1 qt batches in ice cream machine. Add a portion of diced peach near end of spinning. Freeze for 2 hours at least before plating.
Scoop out (with ice cream scoop) a divot out of the cake and fill with ice cream return to freezer and when ready to plate spread meringue over the whole surface and pour rum over the baked Colorado, light and flambe, toss some brittle made with hemp seeds all over it and serve.